Meditation on Twin Hearts
by Master Choa Kok Sui
Meditation of Twin Hearts is based on the principle that some of the major chakras are entry points or gateways to certain levels or horizons of consciousness. To achieve illumination or cosmic consciousness, it is necessary to fully activate the crown chakra. This can be done only when the heart chakra is fully activated. The Twin Hearts thus refers to the heart and crown chakras. The heart chakra is an energy centre in front of a person's chest. It is the energy counterpart of the physical heart. The heart chakra is the centre for compassion, joy, affection, consideration, mercy, and other refined emotions. The heart chakra is a replica, or twin of the centre of the crown chakra. When you look at the heart chakra, it has twelve petals, similar to the twelve petals which form the inner core of the crown chakra. The crown chakra, is the centre of illumination, or divine love, or oneness with all. It is situated on top of a person's head, providing energy for the brain and the glands therein. When the crown chakra is sufficiently activated, its inner core of twelve petals unfurl, open and turn upward like a golden cup, golden crown, golden lotus, or golden flower, to receive spiritual energy which is distributed to other parts of the body. When the crown chakra is highly activated, a halo is produced around the head. During meditation, the crown chakra rotates so fast it appears as a brilliant flame of light on top of one's head.
What Happens During The Meditation On Twin Hearts?
When a person does Meditation of Twin Hearts, divine energy flows down to the practitioner; filling him with Divine Light, Love and Power. The practitioner becomes a channel of this divine/soul energy. Spiritual aspirants who have practiced this meditation for quite sometime may experience being enveloped by dazzling, sometimes blinding light. In addition, practitioners may experience divine ecstasy and bliss, and a feeling of oneness with all creation. This has been a common experience among advanced yogis and saints of all religions, and can be verified through their holy scriptures.
This blinding, brilliant, and dazzling light is known as Heaven Ki in Taoist yoga, or the pillar of light in ancient Jewish Kabbalah traditions. To the Indian yogis and saints, they call this pillar of light, the Antakharana, or spiritual bridge of light. The Christians refer to it as the descent of the Holy Spirit, symbolized by a pillar of light with a descending white dove. The white dove represents the coming down of divine energy. The descent of the divine energy causes the temporary expansion of the practitioner's major chakras and inner aura. But if this meditation is practiced daily for a year, then the expansion may become permanent.
Benefits From The Meditation
When people practice the Meditation on Twin Hearts daily or regularly, their major chakras and auras will increase in size, making their energy bodies more dynamic and stronger. With bigger chakras and a larger inner aura they can become more powerful healers and can heal most minor ailments very quickly and almost instantaneously. Having a powerful and dynamic energy body not only enhances one's healing powers but also increases one's effectivity and productivity at work. People who have magnetic personalities or great charisma usually have bigger chakras and inner auras than ordinary people, and they tend to have a stronger influence over most people. Furthermore, a person who regularly meditates becomes more intuitive and intelligent. When faced with a problem, he will have the increased ability to see directly through the problem and find the right or proper solutions.
Note: Those who intend to practice the Meditation of Twin Hearts regularly, however, should practice self-purification or character-building through daily reflection so their positive characteristics will be magnified or activated.
The Meditation of Twin Hearts is a form of world service. By blessing the earth with loving-kindness, you fill the world with positive spiritual energies. The blessings can be directed to organizations, specific countries, or group of nations. The potency of the blessings is increased many times when done by a group of persons. A group of seven people meditating together is said to carry the same energy as more than one hundered individuals meditating separately. Another way of blessing the earth with loving-kindness is by daily radio broadcast at an appropriate time with most of the listeners participating in the meditation process. When practiced by a large number of people, the meditation can miraculously heal the entire earth; thereby making it more harmonious and peaceful.
The Meditation Procedure
WARNING: The following are advised not to practice the Meditation on Twin Hearts: (1) those below 18 years of age; (2) those with heart trouble, hypertension, glaucoma and severe kidney ailments; and (3) pregnant women.
Doing this meditation can have adverse effects to the people with the preceding conditions. People with these conditions listed under 1 and 2 above are advised to consult a Certified Pranic Healer for consultation and therapy before proceeding. People with the above qualifications who insist on practicing the meditation do so at their own risk.
1. Cleansing Exercise. Cleanse the etheric body by doing simple physical exercises for about five to ten minutes. During the exercise, light greyish matter, or used prana, is expelled from the etheric body. Physical exercises also minimize possible pranic congestion since the Meditation generates a lot of subtle energies in the body. The basic exercises typically include: eye rolls, neck rolls, arm rolls, hip rolls or swivels, trunk twisting, knee rolls, simple bending exercises and squatting exercises in either a full or modified form. For the various roll exercises go in both directions and all exercises should be done in sets of twelve. Modified squats can be a set of fifty.
2. Assume a comfortable position sitting in a lotus position or on a chair with your spine erect. Take a couple of minutes to breathe deeply from the abdomen in a slow and rhythmic manner allowing your body to relax.
3. Invoke for Divine Blessings from whomever you believe is the Divine Source, any Arch Angels, any guides, any spiritual teachers, great ones, mother earth or whomever else you wish include. The invocation is important to one's protection, help and guidance. Without the invocation, the practice of any advanced meditational technique can be dangerous.
(A simple invocation that can be done is 'To the Divine God, I humbly invoke your divine guidance, divine help, divine love, divine healing energies, divine protection and illumination. In full faith, with gratitude, respect and love, so be it.)
4. Activating the heart chakra. To activate the front heart chakra press the centre of your chest (heart area) with your finger or a few seconds. Think of a time in your life when you were filled with total joy and bliss. This could have been with a friend loved one or spiritual teacher. (personally I like to think of when my children were born and I held them for the first time) Meditate for a few moments remembering this feeling and turn your attention to your heart chakra feeling those same feelings for the chakra.
Then concentrate on the front heart chakra and bless the whole world with this loving-kindness by raising your hands and allowing the energy to flow through your arms to your hands and to the earth. When blessing the entire earth, visualize it as a small ball in front of you, being filled with dazzling white pinkish light. The blessing should not be done mechanically. During the blessing, visualize people smiling and filled with joy, faith, hope, and peace. Visualize enemies reconciling, embracing and forgiving each other. You should also personally feel joy, happiness, and peace filling your entire being while blessing the earth.
Do not direct these blessings to infants, children or individuals because they might be overwhelmed by the intense energy generated by this meditation. Instead focus on groups of people.
Activating the Crown Chakra. Press the top of your head for a few seconds. Take a moment to feel loving kindness for your crown chakra and then bless the planet earth with loving-kindness from the Crown chakra through your arms and hands. Feel the same positive energies you evoked in step 3. Visualize brilliant white light flowing from your Crown chakra through your arms and hands blessing the entire earth.
5. Blessing with both Crown and Heart Chakras. Bless the earth simultaneously from both the Crown and Heart chakras with golden light. This will align the two chakras and make the blessing more potent. Feel the same positive energies you evoked in step 3 and 4.
6. Achieving Illumination. For illumination (expansion of conscious-ness), visualize a point of dazzlingly white light on top of your head and simultaneously chant mentally the word AUM (Ah-omm--), or Amen (Ah-mennn--). Concentrate on the intervals or gaps (moments of silence) between the AUMs or Amens, while maintaining your concentration on the point of light. Do this for about 10 to 15 minutes. When you can fully concentrate simultaneously on the point of light and on the intervals between the AUMs, you will experience an inner explosion of light.
7. Releasing Excess Energy. After meditation it is very important to release all excess energy by blessing the earth through your hands, with light, loving-kindness, peace, and prosperity for several minutes until you feel your body has normalized. Continue blessing if you still feel congested, otherwise the excess energy may cause headaches and chest pains. The physical body may also deteriorate in the long run if there is too much energy in the etheric body.
8. Do a closing invocation by thanking.
9. Following the meditation it is important to tap or rub the areas of the liver, spleen, and kidneys to avoid any congestive energies. Also rub your head, face, arms legs and trunk and redo the physical exercises to help expel any used or diseased energies and to help assimilate the fresh and vital energy faster.GRAND MASTER CHOA KOK SUI is a chemical engineer, successful businessman, philanthropist and internationally renowned author, teacher and Grand Master Pranic Healer. He leads the Institute for Inner Studies and the World Pranic Healing Foundation in Manila. For more information go to www.pranichealingontario.ca